Web Design Specialist for Anchor Wave plays a central role in the coordination and creation of website design projects. As the Web Design Specialist, your role is to act as the communications and scheduling hub for each of the projects that you mange. Strong organization, time management, written/verbal communication and people skills are a must. Creativity in any of it’s many forms is a bonus. We are looking for someone with demonstrated design and website experience.
- Acting as the face of Anchor Wave, which means understanding Anchor Wave’s proven strategy for the Marketing Foundation and how to apply this strategy to use project for client success. It also means great customer service and relationships.
- Acting as the representative for clients, which means truly understanding the needs, expectations and goals of each of your clients then communicating effectively the expectations, needs and goals to the team to ensure the success of the project.
- Being a cohesive and harmonious part of the team by embodying the company and department values.
A day in the life of a Web Design Specialist…
Web Design Specialists are busy and working with a lot of different inputs & priorities from clients and team members. They are also the responsible party for stewarding the process which Anchor Wave has developed for supporting successful website creation. The following describes what you can expect in this role at Anchor Wave.
- We meet with clients about once per week through the duration of their project. Many of those meetings happen over Zoom. During those meetings, you’ll present the status of work by the team, gain feedback and then create work tickets to incorporate the meetings discussion into actionable items. These items will either be facilitated by your or the team depending on the task.
- Keeping projects moving along requires making sure communication is a top priority. You’ll be sending and receiving emails from clients that are giving you new information and feedback about their project. Expert management of email communications is key.
- In between these meetings, you’ll be monitoring the progress of the tasks that you’ve created and managing project budgets. This includes making sure that tickets are done in time for your next scheduled client update as well as adjusting work objectives, client expectations and meetings as necessary.
- When it comes to design, you’ll be helping clients clarify their brand and their goals and relaying those ideas to implement visually.
- You will be working with and providing a copywriter valuable information you have gathered from the client.
- While you might not be a coder, you’ll feel comfortable using most aspects of WordPress in order to add content and elements of design.
- Priorities can change in an instant and tasks that should have taken one hour can expand. You’ll need to be flexible and come up with creative ways to handle these situations including how they are communicated to clients as well as internal team members.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and gain satisfaction by…
- Seeing projects move through the process… checking boxes on an important list!
- Playing a role in defining objectives and ensuring that the intent of the project fits within the goals of individual brands and marketing goals.
- Seeing that project go live and create success for our clients!
- Being creative and finding solutions to challenging problems.
- Working as a member of a team comprised of really smart (and positive minded) people.
- Getting to know our clients and what makes them different from their competitors.
- Being organized and strategic in your approach to organization.
- Understanding the power of leveraging the team and delegating work in partnership with other project coordinators.
- Finding new ways of doing things that helps all our stakeholders, being an innovator inside the company.
Your background and experience probably includes…
- Working in a position that places high value on customer service.
- Working with media and marketing or advertising and websites!
- Understanding the basics of good design, layout and visual communication.
- Having fun!
- Familiarity with WordPress, Elementor or other web technologies,
- Working in a leadership capacity, including keen decision making abilities especially when you might not have all the information at hand,
- Listening a lot. Talking a little.
- Research, using Google to find answers to questions,
- Setting & communicating priorities, and then adjusting & communicating priorities,
- Working in an B2B environment and thinking like a business owner,
- Managing projects according to a budget.
- Working as a member of a team as well as independently,
- Working with deadlines and budgets,
Still with us? Great! This is a full-time position and a great opportunity to be a part of a growing company. The salary range is $43-$50k/year and includes paid vacation and sick time off, health benefits, 401K + Match, and working with other smart people in an environment that supports learning and staying engaged and supported in remote working situations.
We’d like to learn more about you. When you’re interested in applying please submit the form below and include the following:
- A cover letter, explaining why you’re a great fit for the job. It’s OK to brag!
- Contact info (email and phone, please)
We’re looking for someone that is interested in full-time, long-term work. We look forward to hearing from you.
How To Apply
Please complete the form below to submit your application for this position.