Role (Overview of the Position):
Responsible for general office and clerical duties. Customer service is a priority, and this position is typically the first point of contact for visitors in our office and by phone. The office coordinator assists customers face to face, as well as on the phone. The office coordinator is also plays a significant role in supporting the internal team with routine tasks as well as special projects.
Responsibilities (Tasks Associated with the Role):
- Welcome & direct visitors to our office
- Answer phones and handle or direct issues, requests & inquiries as needed
- Office organization, including filing and ordering office supplies.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, including packages.
- Maintain office public areas such as waiting areas, conference rooms, break area and restrooms
- Mange weekly team lunch including food orders, keeping and distributing meeting minutes.
- Scheduling assistance such as setting up meetings, confirming appointments and handling rescheduling for team members.
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
Results (Expected Accomplishments)
- Make live answer of calls and in-office visitors a high priority in order to reduce load on team or reliance on auto-attendant.
- Evaluate office policies and procedures, revise and devise new forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Maintain an adequate stock of office supplies. Forecast future needs based on activity and seasonality.
- Reduce load on support teams by serving as first line of support for specific lines of service.
- Support sales team in being more productive by assisting with clerical sales & marketing activities.
- Support accounting and finance team members with on routine clerical duties and special projects relating to finance and HR.
- Assist web & digital marketing team with routine clerical duties and special projects.
Requirements (Expected Proficiencies):
- Small Business Experience (Preferred)
- Friendly, warm, a desire to be around people and a keen sense of the needs of others
- Strong written, verbal and phone communication skills
- Ability to keep confidentiality (Previous experience preferred)
- Experience working with a wide variety of contacts from customers to executives
- Advanced experience with GSuite office products (Preferred)
- Strong experience with spreadsheets including use of formulas
- Track record of continuous employment
- Process oriented with the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- The ability to positively work independently and as part of a team
About the position:
- Must be able to work in our office in Tucson. This is not a remote work position.
- Benefits include: Paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance benefits, 401K+ Match, and weekly team lunch
- Salary range DOE
We’ve been in business since January 2003 (celebrating 15 years! High Five!) and have a team of about 20 folks here in Tucson. Most all of us are full-timers and skills range from graphic design, web strategy, internet marketing and more. We’ve built a family-style environment so its important that you want to be a member of a team and that you want to grow with us, learn AND have fun.
We’ve got big things planned and want the right person to come along and enjoy the ride with us!
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you.