Hello and thank you for your interest in Anchor Wave! We’re glad you’re taking a look and considering this Front End Web Development position. Most of the websites we build are custom themes built on the WordPress platform, so we’re hoping you have had a great deal of experience with WP. That would include things like developing themes, working with WP frameworks, incorporating plugins, troubleshooting, setting up and launching websites on a variety of hosting platforms, etc. This role also assists in the ongoing service of our large suite of existing clients, and your ability to troubleshoot and maintain stable coding solutions will be leveraged.
We’re looking for a WP leader that can help our entire team advance their skills with WP and web development by being a resource some of the more complex build issues that arise during projects and client support.
We’ve been in business since January 2003 (celebrating 16 years! High five!) and have a team of 20 folks here in Tucson. Most all of us are full-timers and skills range from graphic design, web strategy, internet marketing and more. We’ve built a family-style environment so its important that you want to be a member of a team and that you want to learn AND have fun.
We’ve got big things planned and want the right person to come along and enjoy the ride with us!
Immediate Full time in our office. Remote workers are not being considered at this time.
Company Benefits: 2 Weeks Paid Time Off, 1 Week Sick Time, 401K Contributions & Match, Health Insurance benefits
Culture Perks: paid lunch hour, continued education, Awesome August, weekly team lunch!
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Applicants must meet the following core criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in custom responsive theme development from PSD and/or XD files (sharing a few of these examples in your application would be welcomed)
- Knowledge of Firefox Firebug or Google Chrome Developer tools and familiarity with cross browser issues
- Experience working with and troubleshooting a variety of hosting solutions / server configurations
- Experience with various internet-specific protocols including DNS, SSL, IMAP, POP, SMTP, SFTP
- *BONUS: WPML/translation, Gutenberg Blocks, 3rd party template customization, use of visual builder tools, API configurations, understanding of Digital Marketing as it pertains to properly coded websites.
REQUIREMENTS: SOFT SKILLS
While technical knowledge & skills are vital to success in this position, it is also important that the candidate demonstrates the following:
- Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to brainstorm and communicate possible solutions
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to leverage outside resources and out of the box thinking to find solutions to issues that are undocumented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning as well as sharing that knowledge, creativity, and problem solving
To apply, please share as much as you can with us about your experience and what you want to learn. Cover Letter required for consideration! Help us understand your approach and how you can help us 🙂