An Account Coordinator will play a central role in the management client projects that span across our web design, digital marketing and technical support programs. You will act as the communications and scheduling hub for each of the projects that you directly manage, and in addition you will assist in the cross-departmental schduling needs of the team. Strong organization, a passion for moving a project to each new stage, as well as written/verbal communication and people skills are a must.
While Anchor Wave is willing to train the right candidate to use our comprehensive process to successfully manage website projects regardless of previous experience in the website space – we need you to bring your confident mindset, your positive attitude, and mature customer service level to meet our high-end client goals.
A day in the life of an Account Coordinator
This position will work with a lot of different inputs & priorities from clients and team members. They are also the responsible party for stewarding the process which Anchor Wave has developed for supporting successful website creation, launch and specific areas of continued maintenance and marketing. The following describes what you can expect in this role at Anchor Wave.
- Acting as the face of Anchor Wave and point-of-contact for clients and internal team members. Your day does not involve designing or coding, however you do influence the direction and work with team members who are hands on with these activities. While you may be working with a variety of local clients, this position is a growth role in response to expansion in the Influencer Marketer space and has national clientele as a result.
- We meet with clients about once per week through the duration of their project. For our local clients this will involve in-person meetings, and for our Influencer clients, these meetings take place over Zoom. During those meetings, you’ll present the status of work by the team, guide the decision-making process and gain feedback. You will then create work tickets to incorporate the actionable items that designers and developers can work on.
- Keeping projects moving along requires making sure communication is a top priority. You’ll be sending and receiving emails and Voxer messages from clients that are giving you new information and feedback about their project. Expert management of communications is key.
- When it comes to design, you’ll be helping clients clarify their goals and relaying those ideas to designers to implement visually. While you might not be a graphic designer, you’ll leverage your “good eye” for design regularly.
- When it comes to overseeing a website’s construction by our team, you’ll make sure we have all the collateral we need from the client, and will be the first person to review the website to ensure that objectives are met.
- Priorities can change quickly and tasks that should have taken one hour can expand or shift in importance. You’ll need to be flexible and come up with creative ways to handle these situations including how they are communicated to clients as well as internal team members.
- You will be leveraging the insights of our internal task management systems to assist department leads and team members in the best use of all resources, both in-house team members and outsourced vendors. Experience in procurement of contract work and vendor relationships is valuable.
Your background and experience probably includes….
- Seeing a project move through a process from conception to launch.
- Understanding the challenges of starting or growing a business, and thriving on seeing positive momentum.
- Creating sets of actions that make a task easy to understand and repeatable.
- Having fun! Seriously, we don’t do drama and we do a lot of laughing and personal development.
- Listening a lot. Talking a little.
- Acting as a bridge between different people/parties.
- Meeting with people of different walks of life. Techies and non-techies too.
- Research, using Google to find answers to questions. Being resourceful to solve issues without supervision.
- Setting & communicating priorities, as well as adjusting priorities.
- Working as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Working within deadlines and budgets. Even more, establishing best practices around deadlines and budgets.
Bonus, but not required:
- Working with media, marketing, advertising or web related projects.
- WordPress or website related experience
- Understanding of marketing principles.
You likely gain motivation and satisfaction by:
- Enthusiastically contributing insights while working inside a defined process.
- Taking action and checking tasks off your list!
- Gaining the trust and confidence of the clients you are serving
- Partnering with multiple team members to provide help on a number of tasks that will result in a successful project.
- Learning from colleagues, industry trends and observations of processes that are work best.
- Getting to know our clients and what makes them different from their competitors.
- Being organized and strategic in your approach to organization.
- Developing your career in one of the fields of project management, website development, or marketing.
Still with us? Great! This is a full-time position and a great opportunity to be a part of a growing company. The salary range is DOE and includes paid holiday time off, sick time off, health benefits, 401K + Match, and working with other smart people in an environment that supports learning.
We’d like to learn more about you. Get in touch with us and include the following:
- A cover letter, explaining why you’re a great fit for the job. It’s OK to brag!
- Contact info (email and phone, please)
We’re looking for someone that is interested in full-time, long-term work. We look forward to hearing from you.